This Months Meeting 15th August
7:30pm, Central Police Station
- Graeme Hill will give an overview of the search dog group, how tracking works and capabilities in the field.
- Guest speaker - Major Teua who has served in Afghanistan with the NZ Army. He is going to talk to us specifically about Leadership and Initiative in an action oriented environment.
- YSAR graduates Esther Woodward & Shaun McArthur.
- Elton & Matt will give us an overview of their week long Advanced Tracking course at OPC from 8th - 12th August.
LandSar CEO Roadshow 22nd August
Remember that LandSar CEO Hadyn Smith will be hosting a meeting at 7pm on the 22nd of August at the Hamilton Police Station, everyone is welcome.
Last Months Meeting
- Probability of Area & Team Initiative Exercise
- Upcoming LandSar CEO Roadshow on 22nd August 2011 discussed
- Presentation by YSAR Graduate Michael Donovan
Monthly Training Thursday 25th August
Starting 5:30pm. The venue is yet to be decided but it will be on the east side of town. If you would like anything specific covered at one of the trainings please let Matt know.
- If you are going away: Contact Gin with the dates you are unavailable.
- If you are unable to attend a training: Contact Matt Hassard.
- If you are unable to attend a meeting: Contact Gin or a committee member.
Pager Test Message
Reminder for all those members with pagers. The first of every month a test message is sent out to ensure your pager is operational, if you do not receive this message you should contact Matt.
Contact Russell if there are any changes to your contact details so the callout list is updated. Change of email address also needs to be passed on to Jake for the newsletter.
Search Dogs Committeenew
Graeme Hill has just joined the national committee for landsar search dogs. He will be able to keep us informed of what is happening nationally in this area.
The new look Hamilton SAR Group website is now online at hsar.org.nz